Today, I’m back to share one of our latest project for Bird’s Party magazine. If you haven’t checked out this magazine you are missing out some truly lovely party and celebration inspiration. I’m so honored to be a small part of this magazine. This project was designed from a set of “spode” inspired plates that I received off of Freecycle. *Side note, if you are not a part of Freecycle.org you should be. This group believes in recycling rather than throwing away. It is the true essence of ‘one man’s trash…’ Well, a freecycler gave me these plates back in the winter and I was just waiting on the perfect opportunity to use them. They were totally different than my typical style so I was excited to plan a party around them. I decided to design a Mother’s Day Brunch pairing the navy and white with bright yellow and pink! My favorite part is the “Make Your Own Mimosa” bar.
Tips for your at-home Mother’s Day Brunch:
1. Don’t be afraid to break out the old china. Spode is something that I wouldn’t be typically drawn to yet I was able to freshen it up with some modern patterned fabric.
2. Worried about making a centerpiece? Stick to one color flower and get different types of flowers in the same color. It will create a beautiful arrangement with lots of different textures. Also consider using only a few flowers of the same type/color with several vases and cluster together for a unique look.
3. Mix store purchased food with a few of your favorite homemade brunch items. Serve them on clear or white platters which will make your presentation look perfect.
4. Make Your Own Mimosa! – Enough said! We recently purchased a juicer and have been making fresh juice (absolutely divine) and I can’t wait to make mimosa’s with fresh orange juice!
5. Take lots of photos so you can remember these moments always!