Today we are back with another challenger, Carolyn of Carolyn Horten Events and the Christmas Specialist. Carolyn has become known as the ‘Fairy God Momma” to hundreds of party girls around the country. Yes, that is not an exaggeration. Carolyn is an amazing event planner and even better Christmas decorator. She is always willing to share her knowledge with young party planners on the good, the bad and the ugly of this industry. She is kind, she is talented and I simply adore her! Meet Carolyn!
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is the best bargain you ever got?
Columns and urns for 95% off. They were originally $150 each and I got them for $7.50 each needless to say I bought them all and then went to more stores to buy what they had.
3. Are you a beach or pool person?
I love to walk on the beach and look at the ocean but for pleasure I prefer a poolside with a cabana and cabana service.
4. Do you still ride roller coasters?
5. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Wherever I am with my family all together.
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I don’t really have any I plan well.
7. What is your favorite sound?
Not sure if it counts as a sound but “quiet”, quiet in the air and quiet in my head.
8. What would you describe as your design style?
I am eclectic when it comes to design choices. I love it all clean and calm, frilly and girly, modern and twisted, fun and funky.
9. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Women who juggle it all to make it work for their business, their families and those who need a helping hand.
10 If you could have a theme song, what would it be?
I Take My Chances~ Mary Chapin Carpenter
11. If you could pick any reality TV star that relates to you, who would it be?
Having experienced “reality tv” I know there is no such thing so I abstain from this question.
12. What’s a motto you live by?
I actually have two……..
”Put on your big girl panties and deal with it”
“There by the grace of God go I”
okay I have three
“Karma is a bitch”
Carolyn said this about her favorite part to date, ” I would have to say that one of my favorite parties was my Purple Palooza party last year; how can two white tiger cubs not trump all.”
Find Carolyn below!
Carolyn Horten Events Website